Thursday, October 1, 2020

Guess What? I'm Asexual!

 Asexual Awareness Week is coming soon! Why do I care? Well, because I am asexual. I do not experience sexual attraction. I’m also aromantic, meaning I don’t experience romantic attraction. I discovered these labels when I was 32, and was so relieved that I wrote a story about it. A screenplay, actually. 

You can check out my comedic web series “Aces” about a group of asexual friends surviving in a hyper-sexual world. Check out the whole channel. “Aced It: Human Studies” is one of my favorites. I have a few more scripts in the queue, and I’d love to make more as soon as we’re out of quarantine and can safely gather in groups again.

I started with the screenplay, because realizing you’re asexual can be very isolating. As a novelist, even if I filled my novel with asexual characters, I didn’t think I’d capture the feeling of community in the same way. When I made my films, everyone working there was asexual, knew about asexuality, or learned about asexuality. (The learning was awesome.)


Here it is: Human Studies!




No comments:

Post a Comment